Get praying! Mass every Saturday in Moora at 6.30pm except on the fourth Sunday of the month when we start at 10.30am on Sunday morning. Confession available 15 minutes prior to any Mass. Fr Chris 0439 604 459 firstname.lastname@example.org
Holy Week and Easter Mass Times
• Thursday 29 March, 6 pm in Moora: The Lord’s
• Friday 30 March, 3 pm in Moora: The Passion of the Lord
• Saturday 31 March, 6.30 pm in Moora: Easter vigil Mass
• Sunday 1 April, 8 am in Badgingarra: Easter Sunday Mass
• Sunday 1 April, 10.30 am Jurien Bay: Easter Sunday Mass*
* At the Jurien Bay Football Club https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Jurien+Bay+Football+Club/@-30.3023938,115.0460963,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x2bd19a33f24fbc5d:0x32ca8f3ccadafa68!8m2!3d-30.3023938!4d115.048285
The Catholic Parish of Moora acknowledge the Yuat people, the Traditional Owners who have walked upon and cared for this land for thousands of years. We acknowledge the continued deep spiritual attachment and relationship of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to this country and commit ourselves to the ongoing journey of Reconciliation.
- 25. Mar, 2018
Palm Sunday, Year B
A good preparation for Easter is to reflect on Jesus' passion. The following Ignatian exercise is recommended during Holy Week:
Imagine Jesus present, and placed on the Cross. Speak to him, the God who became man to die for your sins.
• Look at yourself, what you have done for Christ, what you are doing for Christ, what you ought to do for Christ.
• And so, seeing Him such, and so nailed on the Cross, go over that which presents itself during prayer.
This prayer is made as one friend speaks to another, or as a servant to his master; now asking some grace, now blaming oneself for some misdeed, now communicating one's affairs, and asking advice in them.
- 19. Feb, 2018
What are the Holy Days of obligation in Australia? Is missing Mass a sin?
- 3. Feb, 2018
Special Calendar Events
• Sts Patrick & Joseph/green & purple day Friday 16th March @9 am
• School reconciliation Wednesday 28th March @9.30 am
• Easter Vigil Saturday 31st March @6.30 pm
• School Mass Ascension Thursday 10th May @9 am
• Confirmation Sunday 27th May @10.30 am
• Mary MacKillop Wednesday 8th August @9 am
• Assumption 15th Wednesday August @9 am
• First Holy Communion Sunday 26th August @10.30 am
• All Saints Thursday 1st November @9 am
• First Reconciliation Wednesday 21st November @9 am
• Easter Sunday 1st April @10.30 am
Fr Chris Annual Leave 1-29 September
- 11. Jul, 2017
- 26. Jun, 2017
Is Missing Mass a Mortal Sin?
Given how precious the Mass is the Code of Canon Law (#1246) proscribes, "Sunday is the day on which the paschal mystery is celebrated in light of the apostolic tradition and is to be observed as the foremost holy day of obligation in the universal Church." Moreover, "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass..." (#1247).
Therefore, the Catechism teaches, "Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit grave sin" (#2181), and grave sin is indeed mortal sin. http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catholic-contributions/is-missing-mass-a-mortal-sin.html
- 17. Oct, 2017
- 23. Feb, 2018
Template for the Order of Mass